08 January 2012

ALL GONE 2011 Cover Released & an Idea

credit: La MJC

It's almost that time again when the fine folks over at La MJC start to release some teaser images for their annual streetwear publication, All Gone. They have been at it since 2006, but this is the first year that I actually know about it while a new book is being sold. I do have two ('07 and '10) in my personal collection, but I got them after they were released. I am even contemplating taking a road trip to get my copy (if I can get one) signed and meet the man behind the book.

But, like always, I have ideas rambling around in my head. I do it all the time, especially when I watch sports and envision the moves I'd make as an owner. But today I'm focusing my brainpower on the All Gone book and what I think could make it even better.

The book starts with a simple enough idea - make a book about the exclusive products that dropped in the previous year, almost like an encyclopedia of streetwear products. The book shows you all these limited items that you will probably never get your hands on. I imagine taking it one step further. While, for the most part, each item is accompanied by a small text paragraph letting the readers know a little bit about the product. There are some interviews thrown in and two-page photographs for each month (I love this aspect; I wish there were more). One way to take a step further is to share the process behind a product, from how the idea came to be to who was involved. Not every item needs all the extras, but instead of having a photo and paragraph, tell a story about the item. Behind the scenes photos, advertising marketing, interviews with those who took part could all be included. This "taking a step further" might get away from the simple idea, but all the added extras could make the book even more exclusive (interviews and photographs not seen anywhere else) and worth a read. 

The 2011 book's cover has been revealed. La MJC played off the leopard phase from this year and are set to release two different colorways. Their blog reveals more teaser images are set to appear soon. The book is planned for a late January release. I again hope I can make one of their release parties when they hit the States. I'm thinking Vegas may be the closest if it's on their list.

A translation from their site -

 We look forward to seeing you in a fews days for first exclusive preview pages of the book, and re-opening of the site dedicated  allgonebook.com. The dates for the world tour to promote All Gone 2011 - to be held in Europe, America and Asia - will also be announced shortly.
credit: La MJC

UPDATE: I missed this test page image he uploaded. But here it is! And next week pre-orders start and the All Gone site re-opens.
credit: La MJC 

Total Pageviews